Vil Life and Hot Springs


    Ok, so many of you have been asking "where do you live" or "whats your house look like".  Glad to say that Im answering your question, because heres a snipet of my life in the vil.  

   Typically, Im up by 6 am - but I try to shove Mojo back to sleep for another half hour/hour.  Start my fire, get some water boiling, while Im waiting Ill sweep the hut, put my plants outside, water them, feed Mojo, sit around for 10 mins or more until the waters kinda hottish.  Make some oatmeal and tea, and play with Mojo. Oh hey its like 8 am maybe 830 if Im moving slow.  Head out and dig some ponds or talk about fish to some people.   Thats the usual.  On my off days I run in the morning while the waters going, take a walk with Mojo, hang out with villagers, play football/frisbee, mani-pedi days with the kids, read, and or make bread/scones. 

Now heres a run down of my hut. Roughly, 14x19 feet (total) with two rooms and a porch.  Shower and toilet are outside.  Im pretty sure my whole house could fit inside the G-unit.  But I do have nice high ceilings so I am quiet happy about that. 

My bedroom.  Yup theres my mosquito free zone.  That window on the left, yup I knocked out that wall and made that. 

Sitting on my bed, facing the rest of my bedroom.  Still working on painting and liming. 

The multipurpose room.  That doorway on the right goes to my bed room.  Here I have a couch, my bike, water purifier and kitchen corner on the left.  That table in the middle is about to go - Im just storing that for someone. 

My garden.  So far Ive dug/planted 3 rows. Waiting to see how they fair against the chickens and goats. 

So the garden is behind us, and thats my hut on the left and Mojo out front.  Just a view of some of my yard/village

Experimental nursery.  So far Ive been successful with tomatoes, onions, arugula, spinach, oranges, cilantro, taragon, and basil. 

My shower space.  Fill that bucket up and wash.  Sorry for my finger in the shot. 

My toilet.  Aim well :) 

View of my village from the other side of my yard.  Thats my garden fence on the right. 


    Since community entry is over, we decided to take a little vacation to Kapisha Hot Springs (just south of Kasama) for a couple days in honor of Erics birthday.  First off, they were gorgeous and I cant wait to go back.  We camped, the cheaper option to staying in the fancy lodge, but for the remainder of the day we enjoyed doing absolutely nothing but hanging on in the hot water and enjoying each others company.  Of course shenanigans ensued. Sorry to all the Dutch visitors on vacation while we were there.  Heres a quick preview. 

My underwater camera was a hit.  Heres Kim and the birthday boy.


The springs.  Those palm trees were huge.  I kept expecting a pterodactyl to fly out of them. 

 Some of the crew enjoying our afternoon.  We pretty much lived in bathing suits for 5 days. 


Comments

  1. Wow! You really have a gift for painting a picture with your stories. I can just see you sweeping out your hut.......the very picture of domesticity! Love Mojo and glad you have a "watch" dog! The springs look beautiful and I suspect you will have many more "stories" to tell from their perspective.....poor unsuspecting tourists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah!! I got your postcard and clearly you are reading this. How do I get in touch with you?! Address email or something please!!

    And thank you the postcard was a great suprise! I hope you are doing well!

    - Garrett

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First is the worst.

PICTURES!

Two years in review and new beginnings