So first post during my last night in the good ol US of A.  First off I am shocked that everything I laid out actually FIT into my suitcases.  I put out a lot of luxury items that I thought were not going to make the cut (sheets, a real towel, extra bug spray).  But I feel ready to go.  Nervous and sad.  But ready.

  


As for my last weekend it consisted of massive amounts of amazing food, great company, mimosas, brunch, way too many desserts, and some hectic packing.  Tomorrow I fly into Philly where I can (hopefully) meet with LAB for an hour or two.  After a long day of orientation with fellow PCVs we depart for JFK in NYC at 1:30 am.  I think Ill just stay awake and sleep on my massive plane ride and hopefully get ahead of jet lag.

Once arriving in Zambia/Lusaka my schedule is immediately taken up by training, a camping adventure to meet current volunteers, and language studies.  Ill try to keep in touch as much as I can but as of now my communication abilities will be fairly unknown.  My current phone number will also no longer be working after tomorrow so sorry if I dont pick up or get any messages!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First is the worst.

PICTURES!

Two years in review and new beginnings